Tragic Toddler Left With Brain Damage After Huge Speaker Falls On Him On Holiday

A toddler almost died on holiday when a large speaker came loose and crashed onto his face while he lay on a sunbed. Stanley Birch, then aged three, was with his parents on a luxury trip to a five star hotel in Turkey when the heavy music equipment blew off a balcony and crashed 15 metres below, cutting open his head.

His parents Mitchell, 35, and Amy, 32, feared he was dead as he lay motionless and covered in blood by the poolside at the Yasmin Resort in Turgutreis, but a doctor staying at the hotel picked him up and Stanley was rushed to nearby Bodrum Hospital where medics operated on him for three hours. He was left with severe brain damage after surgeons discovered he had an epidural haematoma and had to drain off excess blood on his brain in June 2014.

It took two weeks, 20 staples to his head and ten stitches to his face before Stanley was able to fly home. Scar tissue on the right side of Stanley’s brain has left him with severe brain damage affecting his future development. He has behaviour problems that his family say is a result of his injuries. Stanley, now six, is now in line for a payout that could stretch into hundreds of thousands from holiday giant TUI, which run First Choice and Thomson.

Comments are closed.