Tragedy As Teenage Girl Killed While Using Her Mobile Phone In The Bath

A teenager has died using her mobile phone while lying in the bath. Madison Coewas charging her phone when the device accidentally fell into the bathtub. The 14-year-old was in the tub at her dad’s house in New Mexico, on July 9, when she either plugged her phone in or grabbed it as it charged, her family said.

Police said the teen from from Lubbock appeared to have been electrocuted. Her grandmother Donna O’Guinn described the teenager as a “shining star” who loved music and basketball. “There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone,” she said. “And that was just very obvious that that’s what had happened.

“This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else. And we want something good to come out of this … awareness of not using your cellphone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging. She is going to be greatly missed by all of us. She has a special place in my heart.”

Comments are closed.