A schoolgirl has died after suffering an asthma attack during a PE lesson at school just over a week before her 14th birthday. The popular teenager’s death left classmates devastated after she was rushed to hospital following her wheezing fit last Thursday.
Lauren Thornton was due to celebrate her 14th birthday this Saturday. According to Gloucestershire Live Principal Dermot McNiffe said: “We are devastated by this tragic loss, and we send our thoughts and our love to Lauren’s family and friends at this difficult time. Lauren was a much loved girl in our Academy family. She was loyal, kind and generous to all her friends. She was a vibrant girl and a lovely student. We are all going to miss her greatly.”
A GoFundMe page has been set up by friends to help her family with funeral costs following Lauren’s death says: “As you can probably imagine, we are all completely in shock, and heartbroken that such a vibrant, clever, beautiful, much loved girl has been taken away from us all so suddenly.”