A 10-year-old boy is dead after he went into cardiac arrest at a McDonald’s restaurant.It is understood the boy was with his mother when his heart stopped during a visit to the fast-food chain’s restaurants at Dublin’s Ilac Centre. The boy – identified by local media as Maleek Lawal – was rushed to hospital after the incident occurred in front of shocked customers, but tragically died a short time later.
Gardai are investigating the incident to prepare a report for the Dublin Coroner’s Court. The heartbreaking incident happened last Friday at around 6:15pm, Gardai confirmed to Dublin Live this morning. Dublin Fire Brigade paramedics also attended the scene.
Afterwards the boy was taken to Temple Street Children’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Maleek was the oldest of three children and his death has left his local community in shock, the Irish Independent reported. His family would go to McDonald’s every Friday after school as a treat.
It is understood he was being treated for asthma at the time of his death. However it is not known if that was a factor in his death.