A horrified mum claims her little girl suffered painful burns and blisters after wearing an Asda nappy for just 20 minutes. Azaria Green, who is 21-months-old, was left “screaming in agony” after her mum put the supermarket’s Little Angels nappy on her for the first time, according to mum Kelsey Tuplin.
It comes just two weeks after the Little Angels’ Newborn range was withdrawn when a dad from South Yorkshire claimed his baby son had suffered a chemical reaction to his nappy that was so bad he had to be given oxygen. Asda put the nappies back on the market on August 2. Ms Tuplin says she returned to the store with the nappies and was given a refund while staff apologised and paid her her petrol money to cover her return to the supermarket.
She said: “I don’t normally buy Asda nappies, Azaria normally wears Pampers. But I put one on her and 20 minutes later she was screaming in agony. She got blisters and burns straight away. I knew it must be the nappy because there was nothing else it could have been. I took her to the doctor and we’ve been given some burn cream, but she’s still in a lot of pain.”