Mum Who Downed EIGHT Pints Of Fosters Chokes To Death On A Chicken Curry

A tragic mother-of-three drank eight pints of Fosters and choked to death on a chicken curry as friends warned her against eating it too fast, an inquest was told. A coroner heard Sandra Bran, 67, choked on an inch-long piece of chicken at a memorial birthday party for a friend who had recently died.

Pals desperately battled to save Sandra’s life and performed CPR until paramedics arrived at the house near Southampton, Hants. They tried in vain to dislodge the food by slapping her on the back, performing a “bear-hug” Heimlich manoeuvre and putting her in the recovery position.

Friend Tracy Cromer told the inquest today in Winchester: “Sandra was feeling emotional – she ate very quickly and was told to slow down.” The toxicology report revealed Mrs Bran, who had drunk eight cans of Fosters lager, was almost three times the legal drink drive limit. A post mortem examination showed she died of an upper airway obstruction and that her level of alcohol could have affected her body’s natural ability to protect itself.

Comments are closed.