Mum Issues Scary Fidget Spinner Warning After Her Son “Nearly Loses His Eye” Doing Tricks

A mum wants to warn other parents of the dangers of a popular playground toy after her son “nearly lost his eye” while showing his friends some tricks. Fidget spinners are the new craze sweeping schools across the nation and have become this year’s ‘must-have’ gadget for kids. But one mum, known only as Molly, was horrified when her 11-year-old son Isaac suffered a painful injury after throwing one of the toys up in the air.

“He threw the spinner up a little higher,” Molly told Kidspot , “and he didn’t manage to catch the spinner but it came down and clipped the corner of his eye and crunch. He was very lucky not to lose his eyesight let alone his eyeball.” Isaac has been left with scarring on his eye which “prevents him from seeing out of the corner” and has to turn his head in order to see, according to Kidspot.

Fidget spinners are propeller-shaped gadgets with ball bearings that allow them to spin, and kids enjoy competing to see who can come up with the best tricks or keep their gadget spinning longest. The addictive little gadgets were originally designed as a stress-relieving tool but have already been banned in some schools by concerned teachers who believe the toy is distracting – it seems with good reason.

Comments are closed.