A mum almost died and nearly lost her legs when she developed a deadly infection – and all because she shaved her bikini line. Dana Sedgewick, 44, had a trim with a brand new razor, but ended up in a coma after she developed a flesh-eating infection.

The former chef from Sheffield, South Yorkshire, underwent 21 operations to repair the damage to her skin and was warned by doctors that she would never walk again after developing necrotising fasciitis. The life-threatening infection, though rare, can start from a small injury such as a small cut.

Dana said: “Like a lot of women, I tried to keep a tidy bikini line. So I had a quick trim with a new razor. But over the weekend, I felt unwell and noticed a little pimple on my groin which kept bleeding. I didn’t think anything of it as I often got a rash from shaving. Little did I know that this tiny pimple would almost cost me my life.”

Loading...