Man “Fights For His Life After Being Bitten By Spider While Walking Barefoot”

A man is believed to be fighting for his life in hospital after being bitten by a spider while walking barefoot through grassland in Skegness. Kim Needham, a friend of the man, shared the post on her Facebook page and said her friend was admitted to Boston Pilgrim Hospital in a critical condition with what she has described as “blood poisoning”.

She said the man was walking barefoot through grassland in the seaside town when he felt enormous pain that culminated in his foot swelling “massively”. After a period where his condition was “touch and go,” the unnamed victim is said to be clear of danger after part of the spider was removed from his foot, but the cause or the exact whereabouts have not been disclosed.

No official details about the incident have been disclosed, but the post on Facebook has attracted a number of comments, and Ms Needham has urged readers to share her warning. The NHS urges anyone who experiences rapid and severe swelling of the face, mouth or throat after a spider bite or insect sting to call 999 or go to A&E because such symptoms could be a sign of an anaphylactic shock.

Comments are closed.