A man died after a vibrator became lodged inside him and was trapped there for five days.

Mr Willis died from septic shock and organ failure

Mr Willis died from septic shock and organ failure

50 year-old Nigel Willis found he was unable to remove the sex aid and was too embarrassed to ask for assistance. Instead Mr Willis was confined to the sofa in the home he shared with his elderly mother.

Mr Willis suffered from diabetes; he became progressively weaker, suffering dizziness and an inability to move at the house in Forest Hill, South-East London.

Southwark Coroners’ Court heard how eventually a friend became aware of his plight and begged him to seek assistance. Mr Willis was eventually rushed to Lewisham Hospital on 30th December 2013 and admitted to intensive care.

Surgeons needed to operate to remove the vibrator, which was so firmly lodged up Mr Willis’s rectum that it had perforated his bowel. Mr Willis, who was single and unemployed, suffered septic shock and multiple organ failure. His condition deteriorated and after becoming progressively more unresponsive, he died on 7th February.

The coroner, Sarah Ormand-Walshe, ruled that Mr Willis died as a result of an accident, the cause of death being: “multi-organ failure, sepsis and a perforated bowel.”

Loading...