Thousand of maggots dropped through the ceiling into the Davy family flat

Thousand of maggots dropped through the ceiling into the Davy family flat

A family were horrified when maggots started dropping through their ceiling.

It started with just a few maggots appearing in Karen Davy’s kitchen, but upon her family’s return from a meal out together a couple of weeks later, they discovered the kitchen was infested with hundreds of the crawling larvae.

The mother-of-four contacted the council, but when no action was taken and the maggots kept on coming, Karen rang the police.

The maggots were able to crawl in through pipe holes

The maggots were able to crawl in through pipe holes

The police suspected something was afoot and broke in to the flat above Karen’s in Dulwich, East London and the Davy family were shocked when police explained what the source of the maggots was.

Iraq war veteran 41 year-old Richard Williams had been dead in the flat above for a MONTH. And a week after the grisly discovery, the maggots are still appearing Distressed Karen says: “I can’t even sleep at night. I have been sitting up waiting for them to appear, and then frantically cleaning with a bucket of bleach when they do.

“The kids are traumatised. The younger ones are frightened to go into the kitchen. I’m disgusted by the maggots, but more traumatised by what happened to my neighbour.”

Karen Davy claims the council has not cleaned up and the maggots are still appearing in her flat

Karen Davy claims the council has not cleaned up and the maggots are still appearing in her flat

Karen, who lives with her husband Tayo and their four children, Naledi, 15, Caira, 11, Micah, 10 and Ayanda, nine, has slammed Southern Housing for not cleaning the upstairs flat of the maggot infestation: “It’s disgusting. They’ve removed the body but the council haven’t cleared up. I don’t know how much longer we can go on like this. I can’t even spray an insecticide because of my daughter’s asthma and I’m fed up.”

Loading...