Lidl And M&S Issue Urgent Recall Over Fears Product Contains Deadly Paralysing Bacteria

A number of haggis products sold in Lidl and Marks & Spencer have been recalled amid fears they contain deadly bacteria.

Macsween of Edinburgh Ltd has been forced to recall more than a dozen products over fears they are contaminated with Clostridium botulinum – a potentially fatal bacteria that can cause paralysis and even death. A total of 22 products have been pulled from shop shelves with Trading Standards warning the bacteria can also cause nasty food poisoning, including nausea and vomiting – and can be fatal.

The affected products include Macsween traditional haggis, a range of Lidl haggis and black pudding slices and M&S black and white pudding with an expiry date of July 26, 27 and 28. Customers who have purchased any of the affected foods are advised to return them to the store immediately.

Comments are closed.