ITV Boss Reveals BIG News About “I’m A Celeb…” And Ant McPartlin

TV boss Kevin Lygo has revealed Ant McPartlin WILL return to host I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! this year. The star’s appearance on the jungle show had been cast into doubt when he entered rehab in June to battle his addiction to painkillers following a knee operation in 2015. But Lygo, speaking at the Edinburgh Television Festival on Wednesday, insisted the show would go ahead, and Ant would be part of it.

He said: “Ant is doing really well and we’re expecting him to return to I’m A Celebrity, so we won’t be resting it.” There had been plenty of speculation that someone would take Ant’s place alongside his long-time presenting partner Declan Donnelly, with names including Holly Willoughby and Stephen Mulhern being thrown into the ring.

But when interviewer Lauren Laverne questioned whether Ant was irreplaceable, Kevin responded with an emphatic “Yes”. Ant has reportedly checked out of rehab and is now said to be at home with wife Lisa Armstrong and his mother Christine, to help with his recovery. Dec has previously revealed he “would never” consider hosting I’m A Celeb without his best mate.

Comments are closed.