Girl, Seven, “Scarred For Life” After Holiday Treat Goes Horribly Wrong

A little girl has been left with horrific scars after suffering chemical burns from a temporary henna tattoo. Madison Gulliver was on holiday in Egypt when she was treated to the black henna design on her forearm. But shortly arriving home, the seven-year-old complained the pattern was itchy.

The pretty swirls soon erupted in a series of painful blisters, which had to be cut off by medics at a specialist burns unit, leaving Madison with permanent scarring. Dad Martin, 50, from the Isle of Wight, allowed his daughter to have the tattoo at their plush hotel in Hurghada, at the in-house salon. “She is potentially scarred for life after getting a black henna tattoo,” he said.

“The tattoo was done in the hotel’s salon and they claim it’s not the henna and that it’s my daughters skin. She has blisters from her finger to her elbow and is in so much pain. I think it’s partly my fault because I didn’t know about it, but also the fault of the salon because they are using dangerous chemicals on children. We want to get the message out to other people about this.”

Comments are closed.