A four-year-old girl suffered second-degree burns on her face after her dad’s Samsung smartphone ‘exploded’ while she slept. The young girl was resting next to a bedside table where the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was charging.

According to the child’s father, Feng Lingling, he awoke to sharp cries from his daughter and realised the device had burnt her face and left her bleeding. She was taken to hospital in Anshun City, China, and diagnosed with serious burn injuries and reports say she now faces permanent disfigurement. The phone, which was first released by the South Korean tech giant three years ago, was purchased new by Feng last August – and photos appear to show its battery having expanded and exploded.Feng has since gone back to the retailer, whose staff are in contact with Samsung headquarters over the matter and an investigation is underway. msung’s China office has offered 10,000 Chinese yuan (£1,189) to the family to cover the girl’s medical bills, but a spokeswoman said the company continues to investigate the case.

Loading...