A 10-year-old boy has been killed in a freak double tragedy while running to help his father who’d been electrocuted while fixing their swimming pool. Dad Andrew Fenwick, 66, had been using a metal wrench to fix the pump next to the pool at their home in Rayong, Thailand, according to local reports.
But engineer Andrew – who was Australian but was born in Devizes in Wiltshire and retired to Thailand after working in the UK – was electrocuted by a suspected water leak among the cables. His son, Jason, is then believed to have been killed when he ran to help his father – after stepping in a puddle which conducted electricity which surged through his body.
Andrew’s other son, four-year-old Justin, is reported to have witnessed the accident and ran crying into the street for help at 4.30pm yesterday afternoon. He was found by a local security guard who called police. Andrew’s wife, Somrudi Krailob Fenwick, 41, said: “This is terrible. I’m heartbroken. My husband and son gone at the same time.