A couple were aghast when the refreshing soft drink they poured themselves contained something far worse than bubbles.
Amanda Barr, who is from Eastbourne, bought a three-litre bottle of Coca-Cola from her local branch of Iceland. However, when her partner Steve poured her a glass, they both got a nasty surprise.
Amanda said: “Steve came back from the kitchen with two glasses and said to me that I probably wouldn’t want to drink it.”
The spider has yet to be identified, but Amanda said: “It doesn’t look like any British spider I’ve ever seen.” The couple is sure the spider came from inside the bottle, rather than being already in the glass.
A spokesman for the famous soft drink said: “We can understand the distress this incident must have caused. That’s why we have arranged to collect the bottle and spider from her so that we can investigate thoroughly this complaint.”