A schoolboy has died after accidentally shooting himself on Instagram Live in front of his horrified friends. Malachi Hemphill, 13, was recording himself in his bedroom on Monday evening when the tragedy occurred.
He reportedly started handling a gun, while his pals watched and sent him messages via the social media site. But as he “tried to put a clip in” the weapon, it suddenly went off, causing him to fall to the ground in a pool of blood.
Malachi’s shocked mum, Shaniqua Stephens, ran upstairs after hearing a “big boom” at their home in Georgia, US. She said she and her daughter kicked in the teen’s door and found him lying on the floor, surrounded by blood. Despite doctors’ best efforts, the teenager did not survive his injuries.