A baby boy has died in an accident at his home after an incident involving his high chair.

Little Edwin died in an accident involving his high chair

Little Edwin died in an accident involving his high chair

Little Edwin Davies was rushed to Heath Hospital in Cardiff; despite the efforts of medics who battled to save the tot’s life, he later died.

Edwin Vincent David Davies was aged 16 months; the accident happened at his home in Southgate, Aberystwyth and is being investigated by the police, although they say they are not treating Edwin’s death as suspicious and a coroner’s inquest has been opened and adjourned.

Edwin, who died on 7th November, was laid to rest at Cefn Llan cemetery after a funeral at St Mair’s Church in Aberystwyth yesterday.

The mayor of Aberystwyth, Brenda Haines said the community was in shock: “It has affected the whole community but everyone is behind them and supporting them. As a mother you really feel it, it’s absolutely terrible. It’s just so tragic and an accident can happen to anyone. All our thoughts are with them.”

Edwin was the child of Colin Jones, a farmer, and Janice Davies, a practice nurse; he also leaves behind two older sisters.

Loading...