A controversial Birmingham mum-of-eight on benefits has bought a horse which she claims will help her in a battle to beat depression. Marie Buchan has stumped up £200 for the six-month-old Welsh colt called Bobby, who will need feeding and stabling.
Her agent Barry Tomes said Marie, who receives £26,000 per year in benefits, was on medication for depression but buying a horse would improve her well being. He said: “Purchasing this horse may infuriate some people. But what Marie needs is open space and a change of scene to help her bouts of depression. She needs to be out in the fresh air and open spaces will do her good her good.”
The 35-year-old, from Selly Oak , previously told the Birmingham Mail: “It is my dream to own a horse and I am going to.” She provoked outrage when she appeared on This Morning saying life was better on benefits and she would spend her wages on a boob job. Marie, who says she can’t work at the moment due to depression, has the £600 per month rent on her four bedroom council house paid for by taxpayers.
Katie Price has revealed she is divorcing husband Kieran Hayler after he admitted a year-long affair with their children’s nanny. Katie, 39, who forgave Kieran for bedding her two best friends in 2014, caught him out again after finding intimate emails he sent Nikki Brown.
She said: “I was gutted. For a year I was basically paying her to f*** my husband. Heartbroken Katie discovered cheating husband Kieran Hayler had sex with their nanny all over the house — even romping in their children’s bathroom. Katie said she sobbed and screamed “like a lunatic” as Kieran confessed.
She said: “Kieran told me they were f***ing all over my house for a year. They had sex everywhere except in our bedroom, they even did it in the kids’ bathroom. When I confronted him he denied it at first, even when I said she’d admitted it. I was crying, asking, ‘How could you do this to me again?’ My mum and his mum were both there, telling me to calm down. But when I begged him to tell the truth he finally said, ‘Yeah, we have’.”
Brits could enjoy the warmest August Bank Holiday weekend on record with temperatures set to soar to a scorching 29C on Monday. While thousands flocked to the seaside to bask in 27C heat today, Met Office forecasters said the Bank Holiday Monday could get even hotter.
The record for the hottest late August bank holiday is 28.3C, which was set in 1990 in Cambridgeshire. A Met Office forecaster said: “It will be 28 or 29 degrees certainly and there’s a 20 per cent possibility we could get to 30 degrees in the South East, where it will be very warm if not hot.”
Forecasters say those in the south of England will enjoy the best weather of the long weekend. The sun will be shining across the rest of England and Wales as the Met Office predicts highs of 21C in Cardiff and Manchester.
Mark and Lisa Bushaway have told of the heartbreak of watching their two healthy daughters deteriorate into physical and mental wrecks after being struck down with childhood dementia. The couple, both 48, took Emily for tests after she began repeating herself and struggled to remember friends’ names.
The schoolgirl was just six when she was diagnosed with Niemann-Pick disease type C (NP-C) – a rare disorder affecting only around 700 people across the world. Seven years later the family suffered a second devastating blow when Emily’s younger sister Sarah showed symptoms of the same genetic condition. The girls are two of the youngest siblings ever to be diagnosed with the disease, which causes dementia as well as other devastating symptoms.
Mark and Lisa became full-time carers for their daughters as they regressed, and they have lost the ability to walk, talk and write. Lisa said: “It’s such a cruel disease, one of the worst illnesses I have ever heard of. It’s robbed us of so much. If anyone developed dementia, we expected it to be me and Mark, when we reached old age. We never expected our young girls to need constant care.” Tragically, Emily died aged just 21 and sister Sarah, now 19, has a decreased life expectancy.
Police were called to a ‘domestic incident’ in Wythenshawe just two days before the murder of a young toddler. The young boy’s body was discovered at an empty house on Beaford Road in the early hours of today. Officers were called out to the semi-detached property following a report of a domestic incident.
When they arrived, they found that a man and woman had left the address and gone to hospital. Upon entering the house, officers found the body of the young boy inside. It is not yet known if he was alone when he died. Formal identification and a Home Office post-mortem are yet to take place and police are unable to say any more about the fatal injuries he suffered. A woman is currently in hospital being treated for serious injuries following the incident.
She is due to be questioned by police ‘when appropriate’. Her age and relationship to the toddler have not yet been clarified by Greater Manchester Police. Detectives are due to quiz a 31-year-old man, who was arrested on suspicion of murder, in relation to the incident. He remains in police custody.
The taxi driver who was killed alongside seven others in the deadliest motorway crash in 24 years was taking a family to start their dream European holiday after a ‘drunk lorry smashed into their minibus’.
The group of eleven were on their way to the Eurostar when their minibus was ‘squashed flat’ in a crash with two delivery trucks on the M1 at Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire. Six men and two women died at the scene including the driver while three others – including a five-year-old girl who was pulled from the wreckage – are fighting for their lives in hospital.
Lorry driver Ryszard Masierak, 31, from Worcestershire, has been charged with eight counts of causing death by dangerous driving, four counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and eight counts of causing death by careless driving while over the drink-drive limit, Thames Valley Police said. David Wagstaff, aged 53, of Derwent Street, Stoke-on-Trent, was charged causing death by dangerous driving.
A 30-year-old man is held by police after officers outside the Royal residence were attacked by a terror suspect with a 4ft sword.
A second man has been arrested on suspicion of terror offences after three police officers were attacked outside Buckingham Palace. The 30-year-old from west London is suspected of being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of terrorism, Met Police said.
On Friday, a 26-year-old man from Luton was arrested after injuring three officers in Constitution Hill, a restricted area close to the Royal residence, shortly after 8.30pm. The suspect drove a blue Toyota Prius “deliberately” at a marked patrol car before being confronted by officers. He then reached for a 4ft sword in the passenger footwell and repeatedly shouted “Allahu Akbar” – God is greatest – during a struggle with officers, police said.
A man tackled by police near Buckingham Palace last night was armed with a 4ft sword and repeatedly shouted “Allahu Akbar” – God is greatest – during the struggle, Scotland Yard has said. The force has revealed the suspect drove a blue Toyota Prius “deliberately” at a marked patrol car before being confronted by officers.
He then reached for the weapon in the passenger footwell, police said. CS gas was used during the arrest, in which three officers were injured. The 26-year-old from Luton is being held at a central London police station and a terror investigation is under way. Initially detained on suspicion of assault and grievous bodily harm, he was subsequently arrested under the Terrorism Act 2000.
The incident happened in Constitution Hill, in a restricted area close to the Royal residence, shortly after 8.30pm on Friday. Commander Dean Haydon, of the Metropolitan Police counter-terrorism branch, said the suspect “deliberately drove at a marked police vehicle and stopped in front of it”. Mr Haydon praised the bravery and courage of the injured officers in “quickly bringing the incident under control”.
Eight people have died after a crash involving two lorries and a minibus on the M1 near Milton Keynes. Two men have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following the smash just before 3.15am.
The vehicles collided while travelling on the southbound carriageway between junctions 15 and 14. Four people have been taken to hospital with injuries. It is believed the minibus had travelled from the Nottingham area. Motorists are advised to avoid the area while emergency services work at the scene.Ollie Miller, who drove past the scene on Saturday morning, said: “It looked horrible, the two lorries were smashed badly and I could see a car or minibus underneath one of the lorries. It was totally destroyed, the car/minibus was basically flat.”
Several people have died after a crash involving two lorries and a minibus on the M1 near Milton Keynes. Two men have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following the smash just before 3.15am.
The vehicles collided while travelling on the southbound carriageway between junctions 15 and 14. Four people have been taken to hospital with injuries. It is believed the minibus had travelled from the Nottingham area.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area while emergency services work at the scene. The southbound carriageway between J15 and J14, close to Newport Pagnell, will remain closed for a significant amount of time, police said.