All posts by Editor

BREAKING: Security Alert At Liverpool Airport – Terrified Passengers Trapped On Planes

Terrified passengers were held on flights tonight following a security alert at Liverpool’s John Lennon Airport. Stranded holidaymakers tweeted as their planes were held on the tarmac following a “suspicious package” alert.

One, Pauline Cox, wrote: “Security alert at Liverpool airport so we can’t get off our plane. Anyone know anything?” Earlier, other passengers wrote: “Just been turned away by security. What do I do? Are flights going?” While Matty Baggaley added: “There’s been a Security incident. Not sure what’s happening but all passengers and staff have been evacuated.”

An airport spokesperson confirmed a suspicious package was found at the airport. An army disposal team raced to the airport to investigate. Around 1,000 passengers are believed to have been affected by the evacuations this evening. The army has since declared the area safe and allowed passengers to return to the terminal.

Boy, 2, Found Stabbed To Death At Home In Manchester – Police Murder Probe

A toddler has been found stabbed to death by police at a house in Manchester. The 23-month-old boy was found by officers at an empty house on Beaford Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester. Police were called to a “domestic incident” in the property found the boy’s body.

They discovered that a man and a woman had left the house to go to hospital. Officers arrested a woman, 30, on suspicion of murder and she remains in hospital for treatment. Officers had already been called to the semi-detached house on Friday, responding to a similar domestic incident. Today, the Home Office post-mortem concluded that the boy died from multiple stab wounds.

A 31-year-old man who was also arrested in connection with the murder has been released without charge after the incident on Sunday. Detective Inspector Carl Jones of Greater Manchester Police said: “This is a truly distressing investigation and we are doing everything we can to find out exactly what has happened.”

Strictly Come Dancing Contestant To Quit After Shock Death Announcement?

Strictly Come Dancing has been hit by tragedy before the show has even started. X Factor singer Alexandra Burke has announced the death of her mother Melissa Bell. Melissa was 53 and was the former lead singer of R&B band Soul II Soul.

Alexandra said: “It is with the heaviest and saddest of hearts that the family inform you our beautiful, funny and loving mum, Melissa Bell has passed away. Our beautiful mother gained her wings on Monday 28th August, a day that has changed out lives forever.

“We will never forget her unconditional love, support, charisma, strength and courage throughout her life.  We are eternally proud and thankful to call her our mummy.  We would be grateful if you could respect our privacy at this difficult time. Thank you. The Burke Family.”  Alexandra had asked fans to pray for her mum at the end of 2016, telling them she had been struggling with her health.

British-Born Man With UK Parents AND Grandparents Ordered To Leave Britain

A British-born joiner whose parents and grandparents are also British has been ordered to leave the country by immigration officials. Shane Ridge, 21, of Colne, Lancashire, has lived in the UK since he was born and describes himself as ‘British as they come’.  But last week, he received a ‘terrifying’ Home Office letter which warned he risks a £5,000 fine or prison because he had ‘no lawful basis to be in the UK’.

It came as a shock for Shane who explained he was schooled in the UK where he also works, pays his taxes and votes. The apprentice joiner said he believes the letter has come from his mum being born when his grandparents had visited Australia, though she is now a British citizen.  The letter declares that the Home Office is working with the DVLA, NHS and banks to ‘stop access to benefits and services for those with no lawful basis to be in the UK’ – before writing bluntly: “This includes you.”

It also states that his driving licence will be revoked and that he must stop driving immediately. Shane said: “The last bit scared me the most – ‘leave the UK voluntarily’. I’m speechless – I don’t know what I can say …I’m confused and worried that I’ll have to leave my entire family behind and move to a country that I don’t know. I don’t understand it because I was born in the UK. I did my GCSEs here, I’ve worked for six years, I pay tax and national insurance.”

Woman “Tries To Snatch” Young Girl From Screaming Mum At Football Match

A horrified mum said a woman tried to “snatch” her daughter during a Plymouth Argyle match at the weekend. Nadine-Jade Massey said she was less than four feet from her daughter Layla when she saw a woman grab her and try to ‘pull her away’ before she was able to tug her to safety.

Nadine began screaming at the woman as she saw her terrified daughter’s face Plymouth Argyle confirmed that a probe has been launched into the incident, which happened during the Pilgrims’ League One game against Scunthorpe United at Home Park yesterday.

Posting on Facebook yesterday, the mum said: “Today one of the worst things that could happen happened to me. I witnessed a person trying to grab my daughter’s arm and pull her away. This was the scariest moment I think I will ever go through in my life. In that moment shock fear and hurt gripped my body.”

Gary Lineker Heartbroken After Family Tragedy

Gary Lineker has announced the passing of his father Barry. The Match of the Day host and football legend posted a message on Twitter yesterday afternoon.

“Deeply saddened to tell you of the passing of my dad,” Gary posted. “A special person, a popular man & a wonderful father. Will miss him greatly. RIP Dad.

Barry Lineker was a green grocer for several decades, who ran the Lineker market stall in Leicester as his father, Gary’s grandfather, did before him. Gary would help his father at the stall even after he became a football star during the summer break and the former England star credited his dad for his incredible record of never receiving a red or yellow card during his playing career.

Boy, Four, Dies In Holiday Park Tragedy – “Something Went Horrifically Wrong”

A four-year-old boy has died in hospital after being found in a holiday park swimming pool after organisers from a drugs rehab charity said something went “horrifically wrong”. It is understood the boy, believed to be from Devon, was at the end of a week-long holiday with his family organised by the charity Devon Narcotics Anonymous when he was reported missing.

Emergency services were called to Knapp House Activity Centre, in Bideford, Devon, and the boy was taken to hospital, but he could not be saved. A Devon and and Cornwall Police spokesman said: “Following an extensive search assisted by the Police Helicopter, the child was located in a swimming pool at the site and taken to North Devon District Hospital where he was pronounced deceased. The boy’s next of kin have been informed and enquiries continue. ”

A Devon Narcotics Anonymous Campout Committee spokesman said: “One of the activities we organise with Knapp House is the supervised use of their swimming pool with their trained lifeguards. Very tragically today something has gone horrifically wrong and a young child of one of our members drowned in the pool.”

Family Of Rape Victim, 13, Ask Court For Abortion After Discovering “Obese” Daughter Is Pregnant

The parents of a 13-year-old rape victim who discovered she was pregnant after taking her to a doctor for obesity treatment are seeking permission to abort her baby. The family’s case from Mumbai, India, has reached the Supreme Court.

Indian law only allows terminations after 20 weeks if there is risk to the mother’s life, and the girl is 30 weeks pregnant. The girl reportedly alleged she was raped by someone who works with her dad. Not suspecting she was pregnant, the parents took their daughter to a Mumbai-based gynaecologist.

Dr Nikhil Datar told the BBC said they feared she had a thyroid problem or other medical condition because she was gaining weight. But when a scan revealed she was 27 weeks pregnant, the police were informed. The doctor recommended a termination as her pelvis is not developed enough to carry a baby to full term, saying the health risks would become more dangerous the longer this goes on.

M1 Lorry Driver Cries In Dock: Accused Of Killing EIGHT After “Stopping On Inside Lane While Drunk”

A lorry driver accused of killing eight people in a motorway crash was almost twice the drink drive limit when he allegedly stopped in the middle of the road for 12 minutes, a court heard today. Ryszard Masierak, 31, is accused of causing the deaths of eight people on the M1 on Saturday after a Ford Transit minibus attempted to switch lanes to avoid his parked Scania lorry.  There was then a crash involving a second Mercedes Benz lorry.

Six men and two women died in the crash which took place at around 3:15am on the southbound carriageway, near Newport Pagnell, Bucks. Masierak later gave a reading of 55mg of alcohol in a 100ml sample of breath, magistrates were told. The legal limit is 35mg per 100ml of breath.  Masierak appeared in High Wycombe Magistrates’ Court today charged with eight counts of causing death by dangerous driving and four counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving. He is also charged with eight counts of causing death by careless driving while over the prescribed limit.

Wearing a grey prison issue tracksuit and with short brown hair and stubble, he stood in the dock with his hands in front, flanked by two dock officers. Masierak was aided by a Polish interpreter as the charges were read to him, which took 15 minutes. At one point he was passed a tissue through the dock, and he was seen to wipe away tears.

Panic At Notting Hill Carnival As Acidic Liquid Thrown Over Crowd – Revellers Flee

A crowd of revellers at Notting Hill Carnival had “acidic liquid” thrown over them on the first day of the festival. Police said they were investigating after the liquid was thrown near Ladbroke Grove on Sunday evening and three people reported having skin irritation.

The Met confirmed the liquid was thrown over people gathered at St Charles Square at 7.55pm on Sunday. Unsubstantiated rumours of another attack sparked mass panic on Monday as footage emerged of crowds fleeing. Police said they were looking into what caused the panic.

Screams and people shouting can be heard in the footage that was posted on Snapchat on Monday by user Rastamouse88, who captioned the video: “Apperently there’s an acid attack. (sic)” One reveller wrote on Twitter: “Yep carnival is cancelled for me I’ve just received information from someone I know that there was an acid attack.”